Sweet and Spicy Spinach Sambhar - Palak Pulusu
This is a South-Indian cuisine and can be eaten like a curry as well.
- 1. Spinach - 1 bunch
- 2. Tour Dal - 4 tsp
- 3. Tomato - 1 medium
- 4. Tamarind Pulp - 0.5 tsp
- 5. Jaggery - to taste
- 6. Green Chillies - 2
- 7. Mustard Seeds - 0.5 tsp
- 8. Fenugreek Seeds - 0.5 tsp
- 9. Red Chillies - 2
- 10. Asafetida - pinch
- 11. Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Boil Spinach with Tour dal and tomato in a pressure cooker.
2. Add tamarind pulp, jiggery and green chillies.
3. Tadka - take oil in a pan, add 1 tbsp. oil. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, garlic, red chillies and asafetida.
4. Pour this tadka to the spinach curry and serve hot with rice.