Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie
This is a mexican casserole that uses tofu, potatoes, and red onions.
- 5 red potatoes
- sliced thin
- 1 sweet onion
- sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu
- 1 sm pkg cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 mushroom bullion cube
- broken up
- 2 cups old cheddar
- 1 lg log goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Caramelize onion. Fry tofu in sesame oil until browned.
In an oiled casserole dish, spread tortillas on bottom and sides. Add onions and jalapenos, and tofu.
Mix together cream, cheeses, and spices. Pour over potato mixture. Top with tortillas.
Bake for 50 minutes at 425*F or until potatoes are cooked through. Serve with salsa.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1118 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (415 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and rice... 4.6/5 (204 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.4/5 (170 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who wants cheesy, delicious quesadillas for dinner?
- 16 Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- 4 Big tortillas
- 4 Handfuls of baby spinach
- Sprinkle of feta
- Grated cheddar
- Olive oil
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half.
- Lay out a quesadilla, and top with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, olives, feta and cheddar.
- Fold in half.
- Heat a pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook quesadilla on both sides, until golden.