Bobby Deens Peanut Butter Rice Pudding
Looks so delicious, creamy, and naughty, but it's not!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup low-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, such as basmati or jasmine
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for topping
- A couple gratings fresh chocolate, for topping
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8- by 8-inch baking dish with canola spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, eggs and orange juice and zest. Add the rice, raisins, coconut, brown sugar, flaxseed and salt and whisk until well mixed.
Pour into the prepared baking dish, then place the baking dish into a larger baking dish and pour about 1 inch of hot water around the rice pudding. Bake until the pudding sets, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Sprinkle the cinnamon over the pudding and serve warm or chill overnight. Top with berries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
For the whipped cream: Combine the cream, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in a chilled bowl. Whip with a hand mixer or immersion blender until peaks form. If the cream isn't whipping, place in the freezer until chilled and whip again.
12 servings. 206 calories per serving.
You'll also love
- Chilled Rice Pudding 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!