Paneer with mustard sauce
- Paneer – 400 gm.
- Potato – 2 medium (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Oil – 1 cup
- Jeera – ½ tsp
- Dried Red chilly – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Mustard paste – 2 tbsp
- Powdered masala:
- Haldi powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Dhania patta – a bunch (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (chopped or pureed)
- Desi ghee – 1 tsp
- Malai (fresh cream) – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Water (boiling) – half liter.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Heat enough oil for deep-frying of potaoes in a karaahi/thick frying pan. When the oil is hot, put the potato in it and deep fry it for 5 minutes or till potato starts turning red. Put off the flame. Drain the oil from potato and place the potato in a vessel.
2. In heated oil, now put the paneer cubes and fry for 1minute. Take out the paneer in a vessel and put off the flame.
3. Drain excess oil from the karaahi so that only 4 tbsp now remains in it. Reheat the oil, and put Jeera ,Tejpatta, dried red chilly and garam masala.
4. When the jeera begins to splutter, add tomato, ginger garlic paste, mustard paste, tomato and all the powdered masalas and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the fried potatoes, salt and sauté everything for 2 minutes.
5. Put desi ghee and boiled water to the subzi. Pressure-cook the subzi on high for 2 minutes and then medium for 3 minutes. Open the pressure cooker when it is self cooled. Add the paneer cubes, malaai and stir.
6. Garnish with some dhania patta. Serve warm with rice or garma garam pooris.
You'll also love
- Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)