Baker Tatter Soup
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shredded American or cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallion for garnish
- 4 slices bacon
- cooked crisp and crumbled
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Wash potatoes and prick with a fork.
Bake in oven at 425°F 40-60 minutes or microwave for about 7 minutes. Let cool.
Cut potatoes in half, and scoop out potato. Discard skins.
In a large saucepan cook scallions in butter until tender; stir in flour, dill, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
Add potato pulp and 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir until melted.
Garnish with remaining shredded cheese, scallion and bacon
By: Eden Warren
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Potato Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)