Coconut Cream Pie
- • 1 Pie Crust
- • 1 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- • 3 cups Half- and half
- • 2 Eggs
- • ½ cup Flour
- • ¼ tsp Salt
- • 1 tsp Vanilla
- • 1 cup Whipped Topping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract. Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
4. Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
5. Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.
You'll also love
- Base for Banana Pudding (or Cream... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)