10 Secret Hacks To Perfect Apple Pie
Anyone can make apple pie, but if you want to achieve flawless results, here are 10 hacks you need to know!
The Perfect Apple Pie
Apple pie is originally a European creation that is said to be brought to the US by early settlers. Today, it's one of the most popular desserts in the country and for good reason! The familiar taste of that sweet crispy crust and deliciously spiced apple filling is hard to beat. But not all apple pies are made equally. They range from "meh" to "Is it wrong if I lick the plate?" If you want to achieve the pinnacle of apple pie perfection, then here are the hacks you need to know.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.