- 2 c chick peas
- drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ c water
- 3 Tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- ½ to 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- Optional garnish: olive oil
- lemon slices
- Place the chick peas in the food processor along with the garlic
- lemon juice
- and water. Process for about a minute
- until smooth. If too thick
- add more water.
- Stir in the tahini and spices
- and add more lemon juice/tahini/cumin/paprika as appropriate.
- Spread the hummus into a shallow bowl
- drizzle with olive oil
- and garnish with lemon slices
- minced parsley
- and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve chilled
- with warm pita bread and/or fresh vegetables.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place the chick peas in the food processor along with the garlic, lemon juice, and water. Process for about a minute, until smooth.
Serve chilled, with warm pita bread and/or fresh vegetables.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Salt and pepper
Slice eggplant and chop coriander
Place sliced eggplant in toaster
Thoroughly mix hummus, salt, pepper, and coriander
Spread the mixture onto the toasted eggplant slice!