Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 8 oz. button mushrooms
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 3 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Provolone cheese
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 6 oz. crabmeat from a can
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 lemon - juiced
- salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash gently and slice the mushrooms.
Heat the butter in a pan and saute the garlic for 2 minutes.
Add the sliced mushrooms and green onions and saute for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and let the mushrooms cool down a bit.
In a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients, except the Provolone cheese, strain and add the mushrooms.
Mix well and pour the mixture in four wide and shallow ramekins.
Sprinkle the shredded Provolone cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese on top is nicely melted.
Serve the mushrooms Neptune with some toasted garlic bread points and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.