- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 organic eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon amasai, plain yogurt, or organic heavy cream
- 4-6 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
In a food processor, combine the almond flour, garbanzo bean flour, flax meal, baking soda and salt. Pulse until blended. Add the egg yolks, butter, amasai or yogurt, and stevia (if using). Pulse until blended.
Put the egg whites in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Pour into the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse (do not run) until the egg whites are blended.
Spread into the greased loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then cool the rest of the way on a rack.
Use a sharp bread knife to slice to desired thickness.
You'll also love
- Betty's Cranberry Bread 4.2/5 (24 Votes)