Tex-Mex Beef & Rice Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tub cream cheese spread
- 1 pkt taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes undrained
- 1 can corn with red and green bell peppers undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350°F.
Brown meat in large nonstick skillet. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese spread, seasoning mix and milk until blended.
Drain meat; return to skillet. Add cream cheese mixture, tomatoes, corn and onions; mix well.
Combine rice and 1/2 cup shredded cheese in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; spread to cover bottom of dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining shredded cheese; cover.
Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Top with crushed chips and cilantro.