Spicy spaghetti with seared scallops and salami
By Tisa Jacob
Angel pasta gets amped with plump scallops and strips of salami emboldened with a beautiful sauce.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound large sea scallops, about 12-15
- 3 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 10-12 slices genoa salami, cut into 1/2 inch strips, lengthwise
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked, drained according to package directions
- ½-¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- freshly grated parmesan
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Rinse, clean and drain scallops. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley and 2 tbsp crushed red pepper.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown scallops 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cover loosely with foil.
Pour in remaining 2 tbsp oil, add in strips of salami and cook till almost crisp, about 1 minute. Remove salami from pan and set aside.
Add tomatoes, garlic, remaining red pepper, thyme to the pan and stir till softened. Add wine and loosen up any bits at the bottom of pan. Let cook and reduce liquid for a couple of minutes.
Add up to 3/4 cup chicken stock, as much needed, lemon juice and allow to simmer for another 2-4 minutes.
Stir in cooked spaghetti to the sauce.
Stir in scallops and salami. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as required.
Take off heat.
Top with freshly grated parmesan.
You'll also love
- Wine Poached Salmon, Peas, Bow Tie... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Scallops & Asparagus with Capelli... 3.2/5 (123 Votes)
- Scallop and Squid ink tagliatelle... 4.1/5 (34 Votes)