Our very best Seared scallop recipes - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: Scallop
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Seared scallop recipes
Pan Seared Sea Scallops over Sun-dried Tomato and Black Pepper Cheddar Dixie Ice Cream (Grits)
By chefbirdsong, The Front Porch Gourmet
Sometimes you have to shake things up a bit! This recipe substitutes scallops for the traditional shrimp in this re...
- 2 cups stone ground yellow grits
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 block grated black pepper cheddar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar Sun-dried Tomatoes – drained and chopped
- 2 dozen Sea Scallops
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt to taste
All About Mollusks
Learn all about mollusks from their history to our favorite recipes
Spicy spaghetti with seared scallops and salami
By Tisa Jacob, Blessings From My Kitchen
Angel pasta gets amped with plump scallops and strips of salami emboldened with a beautiful sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound large sea scallops, about 12-15
- 3 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 10-12 slices genoa salami, cut into 1/2 inch strips, lengthwise
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked, drained according to package directions
- ½-¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- freshly grated parmesan