Our very best Seared scallop recipes - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: Scallop
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.
Top rated Seared scallop recipes
Pan Seared Sea Scallops over Sun-dried Tomato and Black Pepper Cheddar Dixie Ice Cream (Grits)
By chefbirdsong, The Front Porch Gourmet
Sometimes you have to shake things up a bit! This recipe substitutes scallops for the traditional shrimp in this re...
- 2 cups stone ground yellow grits
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 block grated black pepper cheddar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar Sun-dried Tomatoes – drained and chopped
- 2 dozen Sea Scallops
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt to taste
All About Mollusks
Learn all about mollusks from their history to our favorite recipes
Spicy spaghetti with seared scallops and salami
By Tisa Jacob, Blessings From My Kitchen
Angel pasta gets amped with plump scallops and strips of salami emboldened with a beautiful sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound large sea scallops, about 12-15
- 3 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 10-12 slices genoa salami, cut into 1/2 inch strips, lengthwise
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked, drained according to package directions
- ½-¾ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- freshly grated parmesan