Bourbon Candied Bacon
- 8 pieces of thick cut bacon
- 1/4 c Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 2 TBS Pure Cane Sorghum
- 1 oz Bourbon
- Bourbon Barrel Stave Grilling Wood
- Parchment Paper
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Soak grilling wood for at least 30 minutes. Put the Grilling wood on one side of the grill and replace the grate. Oil the grate and heat the grill.
In a small bowl, mix together the Bourbon Smoked Sugar, Pure Cane Sorghum, and Bourbon.
Cover each strip of bacon with the Bourbon Smoked Sugar and Sorghum mixture. Place the strips of bacon on the side of the grill that is not directly over the Grilling Wood. Grill for 5 or so minutes on each side. When taking the bacon off the grill, place it on parchment instead of paper towels (the bacon will stick to paper towels).
For the oven:
Heat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Cover each strip of bacon with the candy covering. Bake for 20-30 minutes, and place the bacon on parchment.
You'll also love
- Light French Toast 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Sunnyside hash 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Paleo Banana Pancakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Green Bean Bundles 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Peach Mojito 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!
Review this recipe