Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini, halved length wise
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 375F. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Scoop out insides of zucchini, leaving a 1/4 inch shell. Reserve zucchini flesh. Place shells in prepared baking dish, set aside.
Chop reserved zucchini. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion garlic, and zucchini, saute until softened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, feta, and swiss cheeses, parsley, egg and egg whites and pepper. Mix well. Add zucchini mixture and toss to combine.
Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini shells. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Mini-Bacon & Spinach Phyllo Cup 2.6/5 (8 Votes)