Pan Fried Sea Bream Fish
This dish can use either Sea bream or Sea bass, both have great flavour.
- 1)2 medium size Sea bream or sea bass, you can ask the store to clean it for you and cut head off;
- Marinate ingredient:
- 2)1T minced garlic, 1T Chinese cooking wine, 3 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce, 1/2t salt, 1t sugar, 1/3t five spice powder and 1t sesame oil;
- 3)1/2C all purpose flour;
- 4)3T corn oil.
- 1C=240ml, 1t=5ml and 1T=15 ml.
- Five-spice powder is a blend of ground spices used extensively in Chinese cooking. It usually consists of cloves, cinnamon, fennel seed, star anise, and Szechuan peppercorns. It can be found in the spice section of the grocery store.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Prep: Cut fish into 1 cm thick pieces and put into a Zip-Lock bag, add in all ingredients listed under ingredient 2. Seal the bag and shake well and store in a fridge over night. Next morning turn over the bag.
Use a clean Zip-Lock bag, put in 1/2C flour and add all marinated fish pieces, seal the bag and shake well to coat fish with flour.
In a large non-stick deep sauté pan , heat corn oil over medium-high heat. Shake off excess flour and put in fish fry 3 minutes one side then turn over fish fry the other side 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain oil on paper tower before serving.
You'll also love
- Fish Chowder 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.