Pan Fried Sea Bream Fish
This dish can use either Sea bream or Sea bass, both have great flavour.
- 1)2 medium size Sea bream or sea bass
- you can ask the store to clean it for you and cut head off;
- Marinate ingredient:
- 2)1T minced garlic
- 1T Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce
- 1/2t salt
- 1t sugar
- 1/3t five spice powder and 1t sesame oil;
- 3)1/2C all purpose flour;
- 4)3T corn oil.
- 1t=5ml and 1T=15 ml.
- Five-spice powder is a blend of ground spices used extensively in Chinese cooking. It usually consists of cloves
- fennel seed
- star anise
- and Szechuan peppercorns. It can be found in the spice section of the grocery store.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Prep: Cut fish into 1 cm thick pieces and put into a Zip-Lock bag, add in all ingredients listed under ingredient 2. Seal the bag and shake well and store in a fridge over night. Next morning turn over the bag.
Use a clean Zip-Lock bag, put in 1/2C flour and add all marinated fish pieces, seal the bag and shake well to coat fish with flour.
In a large non-stick deep sauté pan , heat corn oil over medium-high heat. Shake off excess flour and put in fish fry 3 minutes one side then turn over fish fry the other side 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain oil on paper tower before serving.
You'll also love
- Beer Battered Fish with Vinegar... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)