Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oat Breakfast Bars
- 2 1/4 cups oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- For chocolate drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
To make oat flour: Place oats into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. You may need to stop blender and stir oats a couple of times to ensure that all oats have been blended. Transfer oat flour medium bowl; whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
Place bananas, vanilla, applesauce, and honey into blender; blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add to oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
Gently fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool 10-15 minutes on wire rack.
Prepare drizzle by adding 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir well to combine then drizzle over the top of bars. Cut bars into 16 squares and enjoy!
Bars can be frozen. Simply bake, cool, cut; store in ziploc bag. Reheat individually for 30 seconds in microwave.
Fold in 1/4 cup coconut flakes or extra chocolate chips for an even sweeter treat!
Extra ripe bananas are best for this recipe.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn This spiced French toast recipe... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Homemade Banana Bread 3/5 (200 Votes)
- Easily Adaptable Banana Bread... 4/5 (68 Votes)
- Cinnamon Banana Bread 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breakfast Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)