Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1/3c shortening
- 1/2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4c flour
- 1t baking powder
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2t salt
- 1c mashed banana
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350*
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
Combine dry ingredients and add to wet with banana. Bake in loaf pan for 45-50 minutes.
You'll also love
- Yummy Breakfast Banana Bread 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
- Your Favorite Chocolate Chip... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bannana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Grandma's Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe