Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 1 envelope yeast
- 3/4 c. warm (110-115 degrees)
- 2 1/2 c. biscuit mix
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- extra biscuit mix for kneading onto
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water with a whisk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place 2 1/2 c. of the biscuit mix into a bowl, stir in the sugar. Add the yeast and water mixture, stirring vigorously. Sprinkle table top with some of the extra of the biscuit mix. Turn out the dough onto this and knead 15 to 20 times. Shape the dough into large tablespoon size balls.
Grease muffin tins and place balls of dough into the tin. Cover with a damp towel and rise one hour in a warm place. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Brush with melted butter, again when done.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.