The Best Hearty Sandwiches for Your Weeknight Dinner Rotation
Sandwiches aren't just for lunch anymore!
© Lady and Pups
Cantonese-Style Porchetta Sandwich
Crispy, spicy, and supremely satisfying, this porchetta—or pork belly—sandwich is the stuff of dreams. The skin of the pork is wonderfully crackly and the slightly sweet provolone cheese offsets the heat from the spicy spread perfectly. Get the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.