RECIPE: Tiramisu in a Bottle
This Tiramisu both looks and tastes professional — you wouldn't even guess that it was made using plastic bottles!
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 2 plastic bottles
- Cocoa powder
- To make the "cake pan," cut the top of two empty bottles about a third of the way down. Then cut an opening on one side of each bottle. Place one bottle inside the other. This should form a tub with an opening for your tiramisu ingredients.
- Heat milk in a sauce pan and add Nutella. Set aside.
- Separate the whites of four eggs, then use a hand mixer to whip.
- Blend together the egg yolks and sugar, then add mascarpone.
- Fold in the egg whites using a spatula.
- Line the bottom of the tub with the cream. Dip each side of the the ladyfingers into the Nutella sauce before layering them on top of the cream. Add another layer of cream and ladyfingers.
- Pour the rest of the Nutella sauce down the middle and top with a final layer of cream.
- Flip the plastic bottle onto a serving plate. Gently remove the bottle casing.
- Sprinkle the tiramisu with a generous layer of cocoa powder.
- Slice and serve!