50 Expert Baking Hacks for Anyone with a Sweet Tooth
From cakes and cookies, to muffins and bread... If you love to bake, these clever tips and tricks will make your life so much easier and your baked goods that much better!
Bake Cupcakes Without a Cupcake Tin
Got a craving for cupcakes, but no cupcake tin in your cabinets? Lay out a regular cookie sheet and line it with the rings from old mason jar lids. Then place your cupcake liners within the rings so that they stay neatly in shape as they bake. If you find yourself without mason jar lids either, you can also use aluminum cupcake liners arranged by themselves on top of the baking sheet, or double up the paper lines so that they hold their shape better without support.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!