Surprising Foods You Can Toss On A Grill (That Aren't Meat)
Move over, steaks, burgers and chicken! Your humble backyard grill can take on so much more than you ever imagined.
© Half Baked Harvest
Grilled Clams With Charred Jalapeño Basil Butter
Cooking up a big bucket of delicious clams really couldn't be easier; all you have to do is get them on a hot grill, and wait until they open up! Check out this easy recipe, which includes instructions on how to whip up the perfect jalapeño basil butter to slather all over them.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!