5 Ways To Use Up Leftover Lemongrass
What to do when you've got a batch of leftover lemongrass you needed for that one recipe? Don't let it go to waste! Keep reading for tasty recipes that will turn this uncommon ingredient into a staple in your kitchen.
© Healthy Nibbles Bits
Use It To Flavor Your Salads
If you want a fresh, low-stress meal, this recipe is for you. Making a vinaigrette is great because if you have some leftover you can easily store it and put it on the next salad you make! It would taste good on any mix of greens. Also, keep in mind that you can thinly slice lemongrass and sprinkle it over a salad to add flavor, instead of making a complete dressing.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!