Best Picture Nominee-Inspired Party Food
Eat your way through the Academy's picks for Best Picture (no spoilers).
© Warner Brothers Pictures
A Star Is Born
In this fourth retelling of the 1937 classic film, Ally, a talented singer is propelled into stardom after being discovered by a tormented musician. Written, directed, and starring Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born has been nominated for 8 Oscars—including Best Actor/Actress for Cooper and Lady Gaga, Best Original Song, and Best Picture.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!