French Eats: Mini Tomato-Tapenade Tarte Tatins
We love the salty flavor and creamy texture of tapenade, made with pureed olives, capers and olive oil. It's the perfect match for sweet cherry tomatoes in these elegant mini upside-down tomato tarts.
© Silvia Santucci
Ingredients (4 Individual Servings)
- 1 sheet of store-bought puff pastry
- 1/3 cup black olive tapenade
- 4 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 thyme branches
- 2 tbsp olive oil
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!