This Butter-Free Sesame Tea Cake is Your New Brunch Staple
This sweet and crunchy sesame seed cake is butter-free and easy to make! It's the perfect afternoon snack or brunch treat that can be prepared ahead.
1/9 View slideshow
© Silvia Santucci
Ingredients (For 8 Servings)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup liquid cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds, toasted
More steaming articles
Nutella-Stuffed Pancakes How to make mini asparagus and Parmesan... How to make chive mashed potatoes in 10...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!