This Protein-Rich Lentil Salad will Help Your Body Reset
Lentils are an incredibly versatile ingredient and rich in protein. This healthy salad combines them with red kuri squash, chopped hazelnuts and fresh herbs.
1/8 View slideshow
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Lentil Salad with Red Kuri Squash & Hazelnuts
The next time your body needs to hit the reset button, go for this protein-rich, satisfying yet healthy lentil salad. It's got seasonal red kuri squash, crunchy hazelnuts and fresh parsley, tossed in a simple vinaigrette. It'll make you feel good and keep you satiated for hours. Here's the step-by-step recipe.
More steaming articles
A step by step recipe for homemade chai... Easy-As-Pie Pineapple Dole Whips 5 Healthy, Ramadan-friendly Recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article