This Hearty Moroccan Tagine is Pure Comfort in a Bowl
Have you ever tried Moroccan tagine?
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Ingredients (for 4 people)
This typical Moroccan tagine is made with beef and fresh apples for a savory-sweet flavor combo that tastes like magic. Serve it with couscous or Middle Eastern flatbread for a delightfully hearty meal.
- 1 lb beef chuck, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground giner
- 1 tsp turmeric
- A few saffron threads
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 4 golden delicious apples (variety)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.