Nutty No-Knead Bread Rolls Perfect for Christmas Dinner
Who needs store-bought rolls when you've got easy no-knead recipes like this?
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Nutty No-Knead Bread Rolls
Skip the store-bought rolls this year, and make these easy no-knead rolls instead. They're baked with walnuts for a crunchy, festive touch. Here's the step-by-step recipe.
Ingredients (for 8 rolls):
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts, shelled
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!