Christmas Desserts: Butterscotch Hazelnut Yule Log
Looking for your Christmas dessert inspiration?
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Butterscotch Hazelnut Yule Log
This delicious yule log would make a stunning dessert for your Christmas dinner. Flavored with butterscotch pudding and topped with caramelized hazelnuts, it's super easy to make at home. Try our step-by-step recipe now.
For the sponge cake
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the sugar syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the filling
- 1 1/4 cup butterscotch pudding
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 1/3 cups heavy liquid cream
- 2 1/2 sheets of gelatin
For the garnish
- 1 1/4 cups hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!