The Best American Hot Dogs to Grill this Season
It's hot dog season.
© iStock / Getty Images Plus / bhofack2
Regional Hot Dogs
Although we have Germany to thank for bringing sausages to our shores, the hot dog has become an emblematic American food ever since. Whether you like it simple with little more than a squeeze of ketchup and mustard, or you prefer your dog fully loaded, this country has no shortage of regional hot dog styles to choose from! Check out these 15 classic picks and learn how to make them at home.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!