Easy Homemade Snacks: Crispy Za'atar Grissini
These homemade grissini (crispy breadsticks) flavored with the Middle Eastern spice mix za'atar are the perfect appetizer for easy entertaining or for anytime you're craving a crunchy, aromatic snack! Try our step-by-step recipe now.
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Ingredients (30 sticks)
- 3 3/4 cups pastry flour
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water at room temperature
- Za'atar (oriental spice mix); you can substitute dried thyme or other spice mixes, if necessary
- Olive oil for brushing
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!