This Moist & Delicious Walnut Cake will Make You Forget About Pie
For an 8-inch cake mold
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar or 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
For the frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Chocolate shavings
- Walnut kernels
More steaming articles
Lemon Meringue Tart The Best Stress-Free Cheesecake to Calm... How to make a delicious, gluten-free...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!