Chocolate log recipes - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: Yule log
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Chocolate log recipes
Costume Quest – Mossy Log
Making the Moss: In a small Tupperware container with a lid, pour in the desiccated coconut and a few drops of foo...
- For the Chocolate Log:
- 5 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 140g / 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 100g / 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 25g / ¼ Cup High Quality Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cupcake Case
- 120 ml / ½ Cup Double Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- For the Frosting:
- 190 ml/ 1 Cup Double Cream
- 300g / 1½ Cups Dark Chocolate (70%+)
- For the Moss:
- 25g / ¼ Cups Desiccated Coconut
- Green Food colouring
- To Garnish:
- 25g / ½ Cup Chocolate (For the shards)
- Black Writing Icing Tube
Stress-Free New York Cheesecake
By Pascale Weeks
Making cheesecake from scratch can be stressful but not if you have the right recipe! Learn how to make this classic dessert step by step.
From Sister-in-Law Joan
- 4 ½ cups Rice Krispies
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white corn syrup