Chocolate souffle recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Chocolate souffle recipes
Butter six 1-cup ramekins (4 by 2 inches) and coat with sugar, knocking out excess sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar plus additional for coating ramekins
- 8 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 7 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
In a large saucepan, combine cocoa, 1/4 cup of sugar, and cornstarch
- 12/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup cold, strong black coffee
- 7 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 square (1 oz) semisweet chocolate, grated
- 2 tsp confectioners sugar