Squid stuffed with mushrooms and ham
- 16 very small squid
- 3 cups mushrooms (whatever kind are in season)
- 5 oz finely sliced serrano ham
- 1 slice of bread
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bird pepper
- olive oil
- fish stock
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
- Wash the squid. Remove the legs, the wing skin and the central bone. Finely chop the pulp and the wing.
- Cut mushrooms into very small pieces, ham and half an onion. Mix with cut pieces of squid.
- Fill the squid with the mixture and close with a toothpick.
- Stir-fry squid for two minutes in a saucepan with olive oil. Reserve. Fry the bread in the same oil.
- Chop the remaining onions, garlic, parsley and tomatoes.
- Fry the onion with the bird pepper, add a little more olive oil if needed. - When the onions are transparent and slightly browned, add garlic, parsley, cinnamon and tomatoes and cook for five minutes. - Mash the bread in a mortar and then add the sauce and mix.
- Strain the sauce with a chinois to refine it.
- Reduce the sauce by adding a little fish stock.
- Add the squid back.
- Cook over very low heat for half an hour.
- Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Broiled Parmesan Tilapia 3.6/5 (21 Votes)