Chicken tagine with apricots, prunes and almonds
- 2.5 lbs chicken (whole or in fillets cut into pieces)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 8 oz prunes
- a dozen dried apricots
- 10-20 almonds
- 1 scoop of saffron
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cumin
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups of water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a Dutch oven brown the meat with chopped onions. Add salt and pepper, add the spices.
Cut the tomatoes into cubes, add them and cook for 5 minutes.
Add broth and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Add apricots and prunes, cook another 10 minutes.
Check for doneness and add a little seasoning and extend a little cooking if necessary.
Brown the almonds and sesame seeds in a nonstick pan. Serve the tagine sprinkled with almonds and sesame seeds.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!