Layered Chicken and Stuffing
CROCKPOT NIGHT....easy chicken and stuffing recipe. Great for little kids to help or for nights when you KNOW your brains not working!!!
- 1 cup water
- 4 chicken breasts (defrosted)
- 1 large can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 boxes of Stuffing mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream (we used light)
- 1 small package of frozen green beans or other green veggy
- Non stick cooking spray
- 3 sm. Celery stalks ( optional)
- 1 med. Onion ( optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 255mins
Cost Average budget
Spray crockpot with non stick spray
Place raw chicken down first.
Open boxes of dry stuffing layer them over the chicken
In a separate bowl combined the sour cream with the cream of chicken
blend together then layer on top of stuffing
Now add your frozen green beens ( or other frozen veggy) layer on top of sauce mix
*** optional step- you can fry up some onion and celery like when you make your stuffing normally and add that now..just layer on top of veggys
Now add 1 cup of water on top
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours
Halfway thru cook time use fork to fluff up stuffing and gently stir and allow water to drip down allowing steam to keep food moist.
You'll also love
- Turkey Stuffing 4.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Lomo Saltado 2.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Garlic Oven Baked Chicken 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried bologna and onions 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Ice cream Floats 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Apple Butter 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Chili 3/5 (31 Votes)
- Cranberry Apple Sausage stuffing 3/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.