Minute Chicken tagine
- 8 chicken breasts (about 2.5 lbs)
- 8 oz pitted prunes
- 1 bunch of white grapes or raisins (8 oz)
- 3 1/3 tbsp olive oil
- .5 tsp ground ginger
- .5 tsp of salt
- 1 tube of saffron
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grated zest of one lemon (if you like lemon)
- 2 onions
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 tsp honey
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven, to 410 °.
Arrange the chicken breasts, the pitted prunes and raisins into the tagine or casserole dish.
Pour the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix, and pour over meat.
Stir again and cook for 1 hour covered.
Serve with the couscous.
You'll also love
- Overstuffed Chicken Taco 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- heaven cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cookie Cutter Eggs 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Cornflake chicken 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Grinch Kabobs 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Frankie - kathi roll 4.7/5 (4 Votes)
- Spiced Beef cheeks with Carrots... 3.7/5 (98 Votes)
- Casserole of Scallops and Shrimp... 3.2/5 (142 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.