Bourbon Sugar Snickerdoodles
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Bourbon Smoked Sugar, Cinnamon, and Granulated Sugar for sprinkling.
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, whip together softened butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and mix on low. Gradually add in flour to the butter mixture and mix on low.
Roll dough into small balls and roll in Bourbon Smoked Sugar, Cinnamon, and Sugar. Press down on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.