Cinnamon Flax Pancakes
I decided to switch up my usual pancakes & came up with a slightly different variation of flaxseed pancakes – cinnamon ones!! If you’re a big fan of cinnamon like me, you’ll fall in love with these easy to make, flour-less, low-carb pancakes.
These are great for low-carb diets, gluten-free, & diabetics. They're extra tasty loaded with fresh fruit, syrup, & a Tbsp of PB!
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp of Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 8-9 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener – I use the English Toffee flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a non-stick pan or griddle coated with some non-stick spray to medium heat.
In a medium bowl or mixing cup, combine 4 egg whites & stevia. Whisk together.
Add flaxseed meal to the egg & whisk well.
Whisk in a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Add the baking powder & whisk… it will be slightly lumpy. Set aside for at least a minute.
Whisk egg & flaxseed mixture together again (it will be fluffier by now), then pour on griddle. Flip after 30-60 seconds, when it starts to look solid on the bottom.
Once pancakes are done, stack them on the plate, then top with desired toppings (my faves are fresh fruit, s.f. syrup, & PB) and a dash of cinnamon.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.