Kao Pad Krapao - Thai Chicken Fried Rice with Basil
Rice & Chicken
- (2) tbs. vegetable oil
- (3) cloves garlic, minced
- (1) tbs. chopped fresh Thai red chili pepper
- (8) ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (bite size)
- (2) cups cold cooked rice
- (1) tbs. sugar
- (1) tbs. fish sauce
- (1) tbs. soy sauce
- (2) tbs. chopped shallots
- (1/3) cup Thai holy basil (regular basil ok)
- (1) tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry garlic in oil until golden; then add chilies and chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked.
2. Add rice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce, and stir-fry, mixing gently.
3. When well mixed, add shallots, basil leaves and cilantro; cook another minute or so, and serve.
4. If you desire, serve with lime wedges, chile sauce, fish sauce, or soy sauce at the table.