Pearl River Shrimp and Asparagus Salad
Pearl couscous, shrimp and asparagus are accented with a kumquat vinaigrette that together result in a very romantic dish for two.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 ounces pearl couscous(Israeli couscous)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Kumquat Vinaigrette
- 4 kumquats, quartered, seeded
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp hot Chinese mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger root
- 1 Tbsp snipped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cooked till crisp tender
- 6 extra large cooked peeled shrimp
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat;add the couscous and saute 3 minutes
Add the water and cook uncovered till the couscous is tender, about 10 minutes then rinse, drain and place in a bowl.
Process the ingredients for the vinaigrette till well blended then add to the couscous and mix well.
Arrange the asparagus on a serving plate, spoon the couscous over the asparagus then arrange the shrimp on top of the couscous.