Lemon-Grilled Salmon with Dressed Kale
So easy, you can spend your night with the one you love. Best part is, hardly any clean up after the meal, so you can simply enjoy.
- 1/4 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1/4 c. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 8-ounce salmon filets
- 4 sprigs mint
- 6 cups fresh baby kale
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems broken off and discarded
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts, toasted (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
In a glass jar with tight fitting lid, combine lemon juice (save lemon halves), orange juice, garlic, Dijon mustard. olive oil, salt and pepper. Tighten lid and shake vigorously.
Cut juiced lemon halves into quarters. Grease a grilling tray lightly with olive oil. Arrange lemon pieces on grilling tray. Arrange salmon fillets over lemon pieces. Nestle asparagus next to salmon. Pour 3 Tbs. of the lemon-orange dressing in a small bowl. Paint salmon and asparagus with dressing. Arrange mint sprigs on top of salmon.
Prepare grill with high heat flame. Grill salmon and asparagus 8-12 minutes depending on thickness of filet and asparagus stems. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes.
Cut asparagus in 2-inch pieces. Toss baby kale and asparagus with remaining dressing to taste. Arrange kale in shallow serving bowls. Top with salmon. Garnish with pine nuts if desired.
You'll also love
- Salmon steaks with cream leeks 4.7/5 (98 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange... 4/5 (111 Votes)
- Kale & Mushroom Saute 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Butter and Herbs 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Salmon with Citrus Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)