- Canape cups 12
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
- Milk 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cheese,grated 2 tablespoons
- Garlic,crushed 2 teaspoons
- Onion ,chopped 2 tablespoons
- Red capsicum,chopped 1 tablespoon
- Yellow capsicum,chopped 1 tablespoon
- Mushrooms,sliced 3 tablespoons
- Tinned corn,drained 3 tablespoons
- Spinach leaves (palak),Finely shredded 1/4 cup
- Mixed dried fruits 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan. Add 1 tbsp butter and let it melt. Add refined flour and saute till the raw smells disappear.
Take the pan off the heat and gradually add milk, stirring continuously in order to avoid lumps. Cook till the sauce thickens. Add salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
Add 2 tbsps grated cheese and mix well. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in another non stick pan. Add garlic and mix. Add onion and saute. Add red capsicum and yellow capsicum and continue to saute till onion turns a light brown.
Add mushrooms and corn, mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add spinach and mix well and saute for 1 minute. Add mixed dried herbs and mix well. Add red chilli flakes and mix. Add salt and mix. Take the pan off the heat.
Arrange the canapés in a serving platter. Put 1 tbsp cheesy white sauce in each canapé, top with 1 tbsp of mixed vegetables and sprinkle a little grated cheese on top. Grill in preheated oven at 180°C for 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.