- 1/2 cup white Lentil (Urad Dal - Soaked in water for 4 hrs)
- 1/2 cup green gram dal (Green Moong Dal - Urad Dal - Soaked in water for 4 hrs)
- 2 cups churned Yogurt
- 1 tsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Soda Bicarbonate
- Red Chilli Powder
- Cumin Seed Powder
- Black Salt
- Date and Tamarind Chutney
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grind both the dal in a grinder adding minimum water to make a fine and thick batter.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl, add the ginger chilli paste and salt and mix all the ingredients together using hands in a single direction.
- Add soda bicaronate and whisk it again.
- Take a dollop of the mixture and deep fry them in hot oil.
- Fry both the sides till nice golden brown in colour.
- Once its fried drop and soak the vadas in water and leave it for 15 - 20mins
- After that press the vadas and drain out the water and refrigerate this to cool it.
- Take them out in a serving bowl.
- Add salt to the churned yogurt and mix well
- Put the yogurt mixture all over the vadas and add date & tamarind Chutney from the top.
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, black salt and coriander leaves and dahi vadas are ready to be served chilled.
Sprinkle a bit of sev, if desired, before serving.
You'll also love
- Vatha kulambhu 0/5 (0 Votes)