Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
This stuff is ooey, gooey, and amazing.
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block), softened (or use the whole thing!)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or sour cream if you're not a mayo fan)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of dried mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1 pound fresh cooked lump crab meat (fake crab meat works too)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (or any melty white cheese you like)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs, if desired
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together until well combined - the cream cheese, mayo/sour cream, worcestershire, hot sauce, garlic, and seasonings.
Fold in the green onions with a spatula then add the cheeses, the crab meat, and the juice of one lemon over top.
Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with Panko breadcrumbs, if desired. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour until hot a bubbly.
Add seasonings and flavors you like to this dip. You can also top with cheese at the end of the baking time so it has a crispy top layer.