Pasta- Authentic Italian Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, and garlic until well browned; drain fat.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Mix in sugar and season with basil, fennel seed, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Variation: add cheeses and different herbs/spices to vary its taste.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.1/5 (245 Votes)