Our best Italian pasta sauce recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Italian pasta sauce recipes
Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta
In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 5 C corn flakes
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C milk
- 6 T olive oil
- 1 12 oz package bowtie noodles (farfalle)
- 1 10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C milk
- fresh parsley
- chopped (optional)
100 genius twists on pizza you've got to see to believe
By IT: Debora Prevedello
Who knew pizza was so versatile? Get inspired by these 100 cool twists on the classic comfort food, and don't be afraid to try them at home!
Pasta- Authentic Italian Sauce
In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, and garlic until well browned; drain fat
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper